Mechanic, Women's Auxiliary Army Corps, 1917
Unmounted (ref: 5352)
Signed and dated 1917
Bronze Sculpture on a marble plinth - 10" high- Signed & Dated 1917.
Exhibited: Royal Academy 1919, No. 1567 (Suggestion for a War Memorial)
Mechanic, Women's Auxiliary Army Corps, makes an interesting comparison to the sculptures produced by Wrightson before the war - for instance Spirit of the Garden, 1912, commissioned by Theresa Susey Helen, Marchioness of Londonderry (1856-1919) for the garden at Wynyard Park, County Durham.
Wrightson exhibited at the Royal Academy and at the Society of Women Artists from 1906. Her public sculptures are a small figure of St. George on the war memorial at Cramlington, Northumberland (1922) and the statue of a boy commemorating Charles Lamb (1928) in the gardens of the Inner Temple in the City of London.