Physical Education, Reading & Discussion and Woodwork & Metalwork
Framed (ref: 5563)
Labeled on the reverse ‘Brockington Building, Opened January 1952, Architect T.A. Collins ARIBA, Sculptor Willi Soukop
Plaster triptych frieze
37.5 x 80.5 cm(14 3/4 x 31 5/8 in.)
Named after Sir William Brockington, the first Director of Education for Leicestershire, the Brockington Building at Loughborough University was built in the early 1950s for the then Teacher Training College, with plaques depicting student activities, Running, Swimming, Reading and Handicrafts.